Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Update from the weekend

The weekend went well. I didn't gain any pounds. I did snack, however. I didn't succeed with all my expectations. But I did get  6 days of exercise in the 4 days prior to leaving for the Great Banquet. 

I'm a little off my habit of recording my food intake. I know this is vital, to know throughout the day how much I've eaten so I don't over eat by the end of the day. 

Yesterday I did quite a bit of gardening and gardening must have some major benefits to the backside because this morning - wow! aches and pains, but in a good way.

And let's hear it for Helen. A woman. A 48 year old woman winning the Biggest Loser. But I must say she looked incredibly thin, incredibly fit yet incredibly thin. I noticed she was at 147 when she left the ranch and at the finale last night she weight 117. She lost 30 pounds more! The other two (Mike and Tara) were no where near that number as far as weight loss while home. I wonder if Helen did the math and figured she would have to lose a lot more weight in order to exceed Mike and Tara. It worked. 

And then there was Jerry, who won the $100,000 at home biggest loser. Wow! 64 years old and only on the ranch for two weeks. What an example of perseverance.

So I'm still hovering at 203. Been there for about a month. I'm glad it's not moving up but feel I need to kick it in gear to get the scale going down. But it's going to have to wait - Ian's graduating next week and in-laws are coming, big party plans, etc. But exercise is my passion and keeps my motivation up.

1 comment:

  1. You can do this!!!! You are sooo close!!! Maybe it is time to switch something up?? Try a different workout type... or cycle your calories in your range... SHAKE THINGS UP!!! I am also on sparks and I am in a challenge.. and I know it helps me keep going and to do different things other than my norm!!

    YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! I will be checking back fully expecting to see you at 199!!

    ReplyDelete