Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Anticipating Sabotage

I'm doing well this week - pushing hard in my exercise routine (10 miles/day) because I'm going on a retreat this weekend so I want to get in my weekly (6 days) miles in only four days. 

But I am also anticipating the desserts and snacks I will face Thursday through Sunday. So my big question: how do you anticipate temptation? When faced with the onslaught of chocolate chip cookies, cakes, mini-hersey bars and anything else you consider taboo, how do you set yourself up to succeed? Last time I went on this retreat I knew if I started imbibing, even if I lingered near the snack table, all was lost. Once a sugary sweet passes my lips all self-control and discipline has vanished. I truly feel out of control. So my best bet is simply not take anything. Then I must cope with the feelings of deprivation. I know, I know, I know what is best. I must gear myself up to hold steadfast to that. I will be taking several packs of gum (just like they recommend on the Biggest Loser). What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment