Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Need for Prayer - please!

I know I've been absent for a while. Everything, eating-wise, is going well. No problems there. And I'm getting my exercise in. 

But there are issues going on in our family that are consuming my internet time. My son must decide on a college tomorrow (Thursday). I would greatly appreciate prayer. 

It's 3:34am right now. I can't sleep. We re-read over the financial aid letters and realized we mis-read the one from the university Ian would really like to attend. Their package isn't as great as we thought. In fact none of the packages aren't that great. I am confused and disappointed. We were reassured from several folks (and in hindsight we should not have taken their words to heart) that with Ian's GPA and ACT score any school would take him and most likely with a full-ride scholarship.  If Ian takes any one of these offers he will be incurring a massive debt and I don't like that.

Tomorrow I will be making phone calls to two of the universities to see if any more financial aid is available. I am not a bold person. I don't like asking...for anything. Please help me by praying for the right words to come out of my mouth.

The fact that he needs to make a decision by tomorrow is weighing on us (there, that fits in with my weight-loss blog). We just received the financial packet from the third school today! That's why this decision is so last minute. 

Thanks for reading and thanks for praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment