Saturday, December 13, 2008

Day One

I hope to be honest here. I hope to record my daily menu so I can remember my caloric intake. I want to lost weight. A lot of weight.

In my 20s I was very active physically. I ran a mini-triathalon. I ran, swam and biked regularly. I enjoyed being active. I played volleyball and racquetball weekly. I got married went on birth control pills and gained 20 pounds. 9 months after tying the knot I was pregnant (went off the pill after I gained the 20 pounds). I gained 40 pounds when pregnant and lost 30 of it. Three years later, #2 child came along. I gained 40 pounds and lost 30 of it. So if you're keeping score after child 2 I was 40 pounds heavier than on my wedding day. Two years after #2 comes #3 and I am diligent to keep in shape and gain as little weight as possible. I succeed but the weight doesn't come off so easily. It's now 12 years later, a #4 came along and I'm the same weight I was when I was nine months pregnant with #3.

I've done Atkins, South Beach, Vegetarian, Blood Type, Weigh-Down Workshop and No S diets. I've thought about Weight Watchers buit never felt strong enough to weigh myself it front of others. I've exercised by running, biking swimming, Nordic Track, racquetball, walking, Power 90, pilates, yoga, Curves and Leslie Sansone (current exercise of choice).

I was convinced my thyroid was wacked because it took me 18 months to lose 14 pounds while religiously exercising at Curves - everyday, except Sundays. I've been walking 4-6 miles a day (5-6 days a week) for over a year now. I've lost --- nothing! My eating happens have gotten - - better. I limit sweets, most of the time, to weekends. I don't snack. So why am I not the one in those magazine articles testifying how I walked and they weight "melted away"? I don't know but I think my story is typical and probably it would encourage others and myself to know we are all typical.

So on Day One - December 13, 2008 I begin I food intake and exercise diary for the world to see.

Breakfast
1 C. Oatmeal
2 t. brown sugar
1/3 C. non fat milk
2 C. coffee
1/4 C. whole milk

Lunch
1 1/2 pieces veggie/chicken pizza
2 chocolate kisses
1 candy cane

Dinner
2 pieces bread
1 ounce monterey jack
2 1/2 C. Chicken broth with 6 matzo balls

Exercise
Leslie Sansone 6 miles walking at 12.6 miles/hour

No comments:

Post a Comment