Monday, December 15, 2008

Day Three

So often I get sick and tired, weary, of thinking about my eating/exercise. I recall a friend's words years ago: I eat to live, not live to eat. I don't. I love to eat. I love flavors. I love variety. I love taste. I eat because I enjoy it, not merely for energy and fuel. Do you recall the Special K commercial that was on the air months ago: a person walking around with a scale chained to their ankle with Willie Nelson serenading, "You are always on my mind?" I can relate. It is always on my mind. And I am sick of it. I wish, I wish, I wish I could be like my friend Karen who treated food merely as food. But I don't.

Today is the third day of recording food intake and exercise. Historically the third day for anything in my life has been the hump day - the day I either push through and make it a habit or cease and desist and let it fall to the wayside. I am pushing through. For how long? I don't know. I feel strong and persistent but feelings are tenuous.

Breakfast - I looked this up and this meal is 313 calories. Something to remember since this is my routine breakfast.
1 C. Oatmeal
1/4 C. non fat milk
2 t. brown sugar
1/4 C. whole milk
2 C. coffee
6 ounce orange juice

Lunch - 400 calories
2 meat pasties

Dinner - 1000 calories (wow! that's a lot, more than I thought)
1 1/2 Hoagie roll
egg salad
salad
non fat italian dressing
2 c. hot cocoa (It's 10 degrees out!!!)\

Calorie total for the day: 1713

Exercise
6 miles walking to Leslie Sansone in 65 minutes (625 calories burned)

No comments:

Post a Comment