Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day 68 - Why I Push the Miles

Aidan asked me the other day why I do so many miles when I walk. I responded, "Because it makes me feel good." And it does. I can see the muscle in my arms becoming more defined. My thigh muscle is hard. My waist is shrinking. My attitude during and after exercise is so much brighter than prior. It doesn't take 5 minutes of exercise for me to feel good. After 60-70-80 minutes...I feel fantastic. And I feel my creative juices flowing while walking away at a 12- 10 minute mile. I usually plan my Sunday School and Children's Sermon while I walk. My imagination is free to roam and comes up with some wild ideas. I truly enjoy the sweat. So I walk because it feels good and it's good for me.

Breakfast
1 1/2 c. oatmeal
1/3 c. blueberries
2 T almonds
1 t brown sugar
1/4 c half and half

Snack
2 rice cakes
1 cheese stick

Lunch
2 C. romaine
1 T light italian dressing
3 oz pork tenderloin
8 oz non fat yogurt
1 T sour cream
1T honey

Dinner
5 oz chicken breast
2 C. grilled onions/peppers/mushrooms
1 90 cal. granola bar

Exercise: 8 miles with Leslie - 97 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment