Thursday, February 19, 2009

Day 70- Step Away From the Chocolate-Covered Soy Nuts, Ma'am!

There is this sense I have, in my gluttonous state, that a food which leads me to indulge must be consumed in total, in one single sitting. What is that about?!%* If I open a box of _______________________ (fill in the blank with graham crackers/cookies/pretzels/almonds/granola bars/whatever) and I have one, then another, then...ooops might as well consume the entire box so it's out of the house and I won't be eating anymore.

Wouldn't the logical form of resistance be, ah, let's think here, ah...throw it away!? You might think, "Hey, Barb, why not just stop eating. Close it up and put it in the back of the cupboard. Step away. Stop eating."
You'd think that would make sense to me.
You'd think I would have the self-control to stop and step away.
But you see, when my head and heart are consumed by an indulgence, control does not even enter the picture. Only lack of control. So when I ate 20 soy nuts and there were, oh, 1/2 c. left in the box, I thought, "Might as well finish it off!" Stupid, stupid, STUPID.

Breakfast
1 1/2 c. oatmeal
1/3 c. blueberries
2 T almonds
1 t brown sugar
1/4 c half and half

Lunch
4 corn tortillas
2 cheese sticks
7 slices turkey breast
apple
salad with 1 T light thousand Island dressing

Snack
2 90 calorie granola bars
1/2 c. chocolate covered soy nuts

Dinner
egg noodles with beef stroganoff

No comments:

Post a Comment