Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Day 82 - It Isn't Easy

Start Weight: 222.5lbs.
End Weight: 130lbs.
Total Lost: 92.5lbs.
I have struggled with my weight for the past 15 years. The weight just kept creeping on. I was so unhappy and tired. I continued to eat unhealthy and just felt terrible. My weight was taking a toll and I was afraid I was going to have a heart attack. At only 5 feet, I was morbidly obese.

On January 2, 2008 I started a life change. I began my plan of action by keeping a journal of everything I ate. Then I started to exercise- they were Leslie Sansone’s videos which I purchased years earlier. I started out slow- and lost about 3 pounds a week. I found Leslie’s workouts to be awesome (4 Steps – who knew it would be that easy!)

It isn't easy! That's my point, the reason I named my blog *I'm Typical. This testimony was from Lesliesansone.com. It is encouraging but I'm sure there's much more behind this weight-loss story than what's told here. 92 pounds in a year and easily done? I don't think so. Or maybe it is for some, a few, perhaps. But for folks like me it's hard work. It's aggravating. But it's worth it because it's about a better life style. It's about a realistic and spiritually mature attitude toward food.

Breakfast
1 1/2 c. oatmeal
1/2 c. blueberries
2 T almonds
1 t brown sugar

Snack
2 cheese sticks

Lunch
8 oz non fat yogurt
1 T light sour cream
1 T honey
3 corn tortillas
6 slices turkey lunch meat
1 1/2 slices swiss cheese

Snack
90 calorie granola bar
tea with 3 T half/half

Dinner
4 oz salmon with teriyaki sauce
1 1/2 c. steam cauliflower
1/2 c. steam carrots
1 sweet potato
1 pat butter
tea with 3 T half/half

Exercise: 2 hours with Leslie (10 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment