Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day 93 - So it wasn't a better day.

Don't know where I should go with this post for today. It started off well. Breakfast was my routine of oatmeal. Lunch was good too - pork loin, mushrooms, broccoli. Then I went to a bridal shower. There was sugared nuts at the table, within arms reach. I had, um, a few. I don't know how many. I also had a cookie, or two. But no cake, initially. A plate full of fruit. And then there was the Texas sheet cake. Yummers. I brought some home for the boys but had two pieces myself. Now my stomach is yearning for protein, my brain is swimming in sugar, I have no idea how many calories I consumed and my vision of exercising today has vanished.

I have discovered something about myself this weekend. I overeat when I feel insecure. I thought I overate or put my mouth in cruise control when bored or frustrated but what really drives me to eat badly is insecurity - when I'm not in a comfortable situation. The hand-to-mouth motion is subliminal. I'm not even aware of it and in a little bit I see a cup of peanuts gone and my head is screaming, "TOO MUCH SUGAR!"

No comments:

Post a Comment