Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day 23

Have you ever had Dove chocolate? I don't chose it often. There was a package of Dove Christmas chocolate for 75% off at Walmart. I bought it - for the kids. I had one after lunch. Then another. I thought about having a third until I glanced at the calorie count --- 380 per piece!!! Un-be-liev-a-ble! Now I wish I didn't have one which encouraged that second. 760 calories wasted - an entire meal. Wasted. Look at my calories for lunch. 1352. That's almost the total for the day (I should be eating between 1350-1700). After lunch I have 117 calories left for the rest of the day to stay within my range. Counting calories is a good thing (using sparkpeople). If I didn't count those 2 dove bars I wouldn't realize where my count was after lunch and would most like go extremely over by the end of the day. Lesson learned? I hope.

Breakfast (231 calories)
1 c. oatmeal
2 t. brown sugar
1/4 c. non fat milk
1/4 c. whole milk
2 c. coffee

Lunch (1352 calories)
1 1/2 split pea soup
2 pieces french bread
2 dove chocolate
1 stroop waffel

Dinner (226 calories)
1 apple
1 oz cheddar
1 c. popcorn

Total calories 1809

1 comment:

  1. How 'bout the # of calories and fat grams they can cram into an M&M? It's baffling to me!!

    ReplyDelete