Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, New Day. Day Twenty

It's new years day so I have a right, even an obligation to feast, to blow the diet, to eat whatever I want. Right? Wrong! I did the former. I confess. I did put on the aire of rights and entitlement. But they are self-imposed and self-destructive. Next Monday I will be started the Fast Track Detox Diet (book by Ann Louise Gittleman). Barbara at mommylife.net did this almost 2 years ago and lost almost 100 pounds. She is restarted this "diet"plan because she's gained a few pounds. She's recruiting others to join her. I've followed Barbara's weight-loss and have been impressed. She lays her struggles out there. She's honest and calls obesity what it is - sin (for the majority of us, some may have medical complications). I highly recommend her writings. Here.

Breakfast
1 scrambled egg
1/2 oz polish sausage
1 piece stollen
1 C. orange juice
1 C. sparkling white wine

Lunch into Dinner (it's all one big blur)
4 ounces ham
8 oz roasted potatoes
1/2 c. almonds
2 C. trifle
1 c. orange juice
1 c. sparkling wine

2 comments:

  1. OK....What happens when you have guests or better yet...just more family?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For 7 days the meal plan is pretty normal - nothing radical except no bread, no caffeine, no sugar. I'll add the bread/starch to the family but won't imbibe myself. The 8th day is the juice fast and I've planned that for after you leave us - no worries!

    ReplyDelete