Monday, January 19, 2009

Day 39

Thank goodness for grilled chicken salad in restaurants.

We ate out today and I was a little apprehensive, not knowing where we were going to eat (going out with friends who picked the place). It was mexican. The tortilla chips and salsa were placed on the table. Yumm. I knew if I ate one I'd have another, then another, then another. So my mind was calculating, "Can I afford the calories?" I decided it was a treat that I really didn't want to indulge in. Now the menu. What to order? I love flautas but fried flour tortillas - definitely not on the diet. Then I saw the grilled chicken garden salad. Yes! Something I enjoy and can eat. I didn't feel neglected and entitled to indulge. I was satisfied. I didn't crave the rice, beans, guacamole and c-h-e-e-s-e (oozy-goozy).

One thing this detox has done for my appetite - it has made me able to wait longer between meals, when I can't eat I have a longer tolerance for hunger. Prior to detoxing, the minute I felt hunger I would crave and crave and dream of what to eat and the minute I was in the kitchen, or at a place to eat, I would consume, not mindful of what I was eating, just wanting to consume. Now I wait and savor the flavors. It's a good thing.

Breakfast
berry smoothie

Lunch
Grilled Chicken Garden Salad

Snack
Starbucks Venti with half and half

Dinner
4 oz. sirloin steak
sweet potato with pat butter
1 C. cauliflower
1 C. broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment