Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day 34 - Fast Day

It's 7:30 pm and I've fasted this day on lemon water and the cranberry drink from the Ann Gittleman's Fast Track Detox. I can honestly tell you I am not hungry, I have not experience hunger and am not craving any food. As I was grilling turkey cutlets for the family my mind was carrying on a conversation:
"Should grilling this meat make me hungry?"
"Why, yes, I think it should!"
"So...are you hungry?"
"By golly, I am not! But should I be?"
""Perhaps, but I really am not so I probably shouldn't be dwelling on it, trying to convince myself that I should be hungry when I am not actually."
"Okay, let's stop thinking about this and move on!"

For the next three days I ease back into food with liver-loving cauliflower, broccoli, veal, turkey, flaxseed oil and blueberries. This has been a good diet to follow. I've enjoyed the recipes and the ingredients. I will try to follow this plan every 6-8 weeks and continue with eating the liver-loving foods.

I am feeling victorious over my past relationship with food. It isn't what comforts and consoles me. I will not turn to it out of boredom, depression, anger or stress. I know this is a decision teetering on a razor's edge. I can too easily slip to the other side, fall off the wagon and allow food to be my god. This causes me all the more to call out to my true GOD, for comfort and consolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment