Friday, January 9, 2009

Day 29 - Dreaded 3rd Day

Yeah, the third day of a diet is known to be the worst. And it was. I was hungry before lunch, after lunch, mid-afternoon, late afternoon and I wanted something that wasn't on the diet. I had 2 pieces of toast, with butter. Not on the diet. Then I had an extra 2 boiled eggs (on the diet, just had extra). Then I had dinner at 4 pm, not waiting until 6. So other than the toast I stayed fairly close to the plan.

Yesterday when I was hungry I enjoyed it. I was thankful that I could feel my stomach empty and embrace the feeling. I remembered Barbara's words regarding her struggle with eating and watching her disabled sons conquer their weaknesses and not give in and how that shamed her into pursuing self-control all the more. Today -- my mind wouldn't go there. It was only occupied with the immediate - no delayed gratification. It's a matter of will, a matter of stopping and saying not, to change focus from the stomach's wants to the body's needs.

Breakfast
berry smoothie

Lunch
4 oz chicken
1/2 c. mushrooms/onions
salad
Pear

Snack
2 boiled eggs
pear
2 pieces toast

Dinner
4 oz. chicken
sweet potato

Exercise: 5 miles with Leslie, 60 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment